Adding mouthwash to your daily oral hygiene habits can have multiple benefits. Although there is no substitute for going to the dentist and getting professional cleanings, combined with a daily routine of brushing and flossing, it is true that mouthwash can contribute to your oral health care. Not all mouthwashes offer the same benefits, so it is important to know what you are looking for.
Here are some helpful guidelines about mouthwash to follow:
– Mouthwash can prevent tartar from forming. Tartar occurs when plaque hardens around the teeth. Tartar buildup can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can fight halitosis (harmful bacteria that causes bad breath) and can freshen your breath.
– Depending on the ingredients, some mouthwashes can even brighten teeth.
– Mouthwash helps prevent and fight the effects of tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
– Be careful not only to look for cosmetic mouthwashes but therapeutic ones as well. The best mouthwashes are ones that not only can freshen your breath, but also fight bacteria, tooth decay, and gum disease. Always look for products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance
An oft-forgotten oral hygiene tool at your disposal, mouthwash can reach places that brushing and flossing alone may miss. For more helpful hygienic habits, please schedule an oral exam and professional cleaning with Executive Park Dentistry. For more detailed services, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Omar Damji. We can be reached via phone at 404-633-1853, or by stopping by at our location in Atlanta, Georgia. Come on in to learn more about your options to get the bright and healthy smile you’ve always wanted.